Tuesday, December 4, 2012 | View Online
RSC Update: Obama's Fiscal Cliff "Offer" Is a Joke
President Obama finally made his opening proposal last week – and it's a joke. He wants:
1. Unlimited power to raise the debt ceiling
2. A $1.6 trillion tax hike on top of the $1 trillion ObamaCare tax hike already in place
3. $4.71 in higher taxes for every $1 in spending cuts
4. Even more "stimulus" spending
RSC Member Activity – RSC members make it a priority to introduce productive, conservative solutions for America's future.
· Reps. Rob Bishop (UT-01) and Steve Pearce (NM-02) urged colleagues to consider greater energy development as a way to increase revenues without raising taxes.
· Rep. Ralph Hall (TX-04) introduced legislation to advance domestic energy production.
· Rep. Tom Price (GA-06) introduced legislation opposing the establishment of a financial transaction tax.
House Floor Activity – The following key legislation came through the House of Representatives recently.
· On November 30, the House passed H.R. 6429, the STEM Jobs Act, which would prioritize visas for foreign graduates of American universities in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
Outlook – A quick look at what's on the horizon.
· On Thursday and Friday, no votes are expected in the House while negotiations continue on the fiscal cliff.
· This Friday is the 71st anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
· On Saturday, Hanukkah begins at sundown.