My Personal Blog - SeanandRuth.us

You can find my personal blog covering non-political topics at http://seanandruth.us

Sunday, October 11, 2009

flexibility not formulas

A Spirit led life demands flexibility not formulas. By flexibility, I mean learning to be led by God and not trying to lead him using some thought process like, "if I do this, then God will do that." Or probably more like, "if I do this, God owes me that." Or even worse, "God owes me this."

A couple of days ago, woman exhorted me something to "tell God what you want so that he can give it to you, know you, his will."

I'm serious. Really, I am.

Any yet even though it sounds silly to my ears, my heart also echos silliness like:

"How do I let God lead me to what I want?"

"How to I find peace in his plan when I don't want to see my plan executed right now"

"How do I desire his will over my own seeing that I certainly know what I want."